Historical Fact #9 - Probus Lodge


N 42.32031        W 071.99223


Elevation: 840'





After the Farmhouse/ Barn complex (1700s) and the East Lodge (1936), what is the oldest building at Treasure Valley?  The answer is the Probus Lodge, built in 1953, as the gift of the Probus Club of Worcester.  

The first camp service project of Pachachaug Lodge 525, Order of the Arrow (which was formed in 1957), was improvement of this area.  Mark Manley’s Pachachaug Lodge 525 History reads as follows:

"Our first big service project as a Lodge was the completion of the chapel area.  Our Brothers graded the area, enlarged it by cutting out some trees, graveled it, and provided planks for seats.  This job was finished on May 24, 1958."

The original name of the building was the All Faiths Chapel.  Here summer religious services were held until 1978 when the Chapel A-Frame was built on Chapel Point (now Pachachaug Point).  When that structure had to be demolished, a new Chapel area was created in 2021 by the Treasure Valley Alumni Association near Pine Point.

No longer needed as a chapel, the All Faiths Chapel was renamed the Probus Building and later the Probus Lodge.  At some point it was converted to a fall-winter-spring bunk house with a wood stove, and still serves this purpose.  In 2017, the summer camp Ecology-Conservation (Econ) program area was moved to this location.